Return to the Museums Directory Page
- Air Museum Planes of Fame
- Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum - about 20
vintage aircraft are on display, including a 1936 Stinson A Tri-Motor, thought to be the
only one in existence.
- American Airpower Heritage Museum
- Antique Airfield - home to the Antique Airplane
Association and Airpower Museum.
- Arkansas Air Museum - highlights
restored aircraft and replicas from the Golden Age of Aviation.
- Atlantic Canada Aviation Museum - devoted to
preserving both civilian and military aviation history. Features history, exhibits, hours,
and aviation links. Located at the Halifax International Airport.
- Aviation Heritage Museum - will be
built on land donated by H. Ross Perot, Jr. at Alliance Airport in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Aviation History On-Line Museum -
collection of aircraft images and text of some of the worlds most famous and historic
aircraft. The early years of aviation, construction technology, aircraft engines, the
theory of flight and more.
- Aviation Museum of Kentucky
- Bay Area Airline Historical Society
- Canadian Bushplane Heritage Centre - dedicated
to preserving the history of bush flying and forest protection in Canada. On display are
floatplanes, seaplanes, waterbombers, and forest fire fighting artifacts.
- Canadian Museum of Flight
- Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum Official Web Site
- Canada's Flying Museum. Over 25 aircraft in flying condition. Lancaster, B-25 bombers,
Avro Anson, Beech 18, Argus, Fleet 21, Fleet Finch etc. Lots of pictures.
- Castle Air Museum - features rare
warbirds from WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and Cold War eras.
- Cavanaugh Flight Museum - offers a
collection of aircraft, artwork, and artifacts, spanning the time period between World War
I and the Vietnam War.
- City of Norwich Aviation
- Evergreen Aviation Educational Center -
aviation museum in McMinnville Oregon, current home of the HK-1 "Spruce Goose,"
Howard Hughes mammoth seaplane.
- Globe/Temco Swift Museum Foundation
- The International Swift Association was formed in 1968 to promote the preservation,
appreciation, enjoyment and safe operation of one of general aviation's finest aircrafts.
- Hill Aerospace Museum - exciting display of
historical and current aerospace vehicles.
- Hiller Aviation Museum - online "walking"
- International Women's Air & Space Museum -
contains an online archive of biographies, photos, articles and information about the
museum and its collection.
- Kalamazoo Air Zoo - home of the National
Guadalcanal Memorial Museum and Michigan Aviation Hall of Fame.
- Kansas Aviation Museum - Learn about the
KAM's aircraft, library and other resources and links pertinent to Kansas aviation
history. Make sure to visit the photo gallery!
Science and Air Space Museum at Omniplex
- Lone Star Flight Museum
- MAPS Air Museum - the Military
Aviation Preservation Society is dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and display
of warbird aircraft.
- March Field Museum - airplanes including
SR-71, B-17, and B-29 on display at March Air Reserve Base.
- McCarran Aviation Heritage
Museum - located in McCarran International Airport that shows the history of aviation
in Southern Nevada.
- Mid America Air Museum - more than just
aircraft. Houses "hands-on" aviation science exhibits, hosts special events like
an annual air show, and features aerospace education for students in its theater.
- Mid Atlantic Air Museum
- Minnesota Aviation History and
- Mitchell Gallery of Flight - preserves
Milwaukee's and Wisconsin's aviation history.
- Museum of Berkshire Aviation -
collection of aircraft and photographs recalling Berkshire's aviation heritage.
- Nanton Lancaster Society and Air
Museum - Aircraft displays including an Avro Lancaster bomber. The museum commemorates
the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan.
Air & Space Museum
- National Aviation Hall of Fame - honors
individuals in the U.S. who have made significant contributions to aviation and the space
- National Aviation Museum
- National Aviation Museum Aviodome Schiphol -
presents the Dutch contribution to aviation.
- National Museum of Naval Aviation - features
aircraft exhibits, an IMAX theater, planes, simulators, and historical exhibits.
- National Soaring Museum -Elmira, NY -
displays collections of gliders and sailplanes of historical significance.
- National Warplane Museum
- New Zealand Fighter Pilots Museum
- honours the fighter pilots of both World Wars and presents the aircraft of the Alpine
- Octave Chanute Aerospace Museum
- Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome
- Pacific Coast Air Museum - dedicated to promote the
acquisition, restoration, safe operation, and display of historical aircraft.
Air & Space Museum
- Pueblo Historical Aircraft Museums -
including the PHAS B-24 Aircraft Museum and the Pueblo Historical Aircraft Society's
Manston Spitfire and Hurricane Memorial
- Russian Aviation Museum - an
online reference which catalogs the aircraft of the Soviet and Russian airfleet.
Museum of Flight
- Svedinos Bil- och Flygmuseum - automobile
and aviation museum.
- Tillamook Air Museum - vintage flying
aircraft housed inside the largest wooden building in the world, a WW II blimp hangar.
- Virginia Air & Space Center - features historic
air and space craft suspended from the Center's 94-foot ceiling and giant-screen IMAX
- WACO Aircraft Museum and Aviation
Learning Center - dedicated to biplanes and military gliders produced by WACO, and
- Web Directory:
Florida's Aviation Museums
- Western Canada Aviation Museum - aircraft and
exhibits, including hands-on interactive children's section. Facility may be rented for
- Western Museum of Flight - near LAX, this Air Museum
is home of the YF-23A, YF-17, F-5A, JB-1, A-4A, XAT-6E, YO-3A, DH-82A, Stinson 108A
Voyager, RP-76, RP-5A and many more aircraft.
- Yankee Air Force & Museum - are
dedicated to the restoration and preservation of historic aircraft and American aviation