Return to the Museums Directory Page
- Aegean Maritime Museum
- Arabia Steamboat Museum - explore the museum and
learn how the handsome steamer Arabia prospered on the rivers, perished in 1856 and was
finally rediscovered 132 years later, precious cargo intact.
- Australian National Maritime Museum - includes
virtual reality museum tours.
- Bligh Museum of Pacific
- Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum - dedicated to
preserving the history of North America's largest and most productive estuary.
- Connecticut River Museum - located on the
river, it focuses on martime history of the Connecticut River in New England.
- DiscoverSea Shipwreck Museum
- Estonian State Maritime Museum
- Great Lakes Lore Maritime Museum
- Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum - features
shipwreck exhibits, theater presentations, mariners memorial, and an online gift shop.
- Göteborgs Maritima Centrum - the Gothenburg Maritime
Center is a floating ship museum in Sweden.
- Historic Ship Nautilus and the Submarine Force
Museum - visit the worlds first nuclear powered ship, the Historic Ship Nautilus and
the US Submarine Force Museum .
- Hudson River Maritime Museum - dedicated to
the preservation of the maritime history of the Hudson River.
- Huron Lightship Museum -
this former Coast Guard lightship (floating lighthouse) is now a floating museum.
- ISCA Maritime Museum -
collection of ethnic working boats, some exhibits are of designs hundreds of years old.
- Kendall Whaling Museum - twelve maritime galleries
house an international collection of art, history, and ethnology celebrating the age-old
human fascination with whales.
- Lake Champlain Maritime Museum - one of the largest
collections of wooden shipwrecks in North America.
- Lake Superior Marine Museum
- Maine Maritime Museum - Thousands of
paintings, ship models and other artifacts celebrating Maine's maritime heritage.
- Manitoba Museum of the Titanic -
presenting a collection of Titanic and related artifacts.
- Marine Museum at Fall River - includes a
- Mariners' Museum, The - discover galleries filled
with an international collection of intricately carved figureheads, detailed ship models,
paintings, decorative arts, and other maritime artifacts.
- Maritiem Museum Prins Hendrik - features information
on Maritime Museum's exhibitions, museum library, and more.
- Maritime and Seafood Industry Museum -
history of the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Offers schooner tours, models and artifacts, events
calendar, and newsletter.
- Maritime and Yachting Museum - Stuart, FL
- Maritime Museum of Monterey - project of the
Monterey History and Art Association.
- Mary Rose - Tudor-period warship raised after
more than 400 years on ocean floor. Hull remains and more than 1000 artifacts on display.
- Mystic Seaport
- National Canal Museum - exhibits on the regional canal
system that connected the area's anthracite coal mines and the two largest metropolitan
areas of that time, New York and Philadelphia.
- National Maritime Museum - promotes
understanding of history and future of Britain and the sea, the story of time, astronomy
and navigation and of the historic buildings at Greenwich.
- National Maritime Museum Association - operates
the USS Pampanito, a WWII submarine and assists with the San Francisco Maritime National
- National Museum of Naval Aviation - features
aircraft exhibits, an IMAX theater, planes, simulators, and historical exhibits.
- Naval Museum of Alberta - three beautifully
restored Royal Canadian Navy fighter aircraft and other exhibits representing the history
of the Royal Canadian Navy.
- Naval Tour and Information Center
- Navy Museum, The - learn
U.S. Navy history from the Revolution to the present through exhibits, programs, and
- New Bedford Whaling Museum - telling the
story of American whaling history with a collection of art and artifacts.
- New Zealand National Maritime Museum -
online bookshop, exhibits, education resources, and information for harbour charters and
- North Carolina Maritime
- Patriots Point Naval and Maritime Museum -
displaying the USS Yorktown (CV-10) and other ships in Charleston Harbor.
- Penobscot Marine Museum
- Polish Maritime Museum, The
- documenting and popularizing Poland's maritime traditions.
- Portland Harbor Museum - features the
maritime and local history of Portland harbor.
- Portsmouth Historic Ships
- Pride of Baltimore II - Maryland's
goodwill ambassador to the world, modeled after a topsail schooner.
- Queensland Maritime Museum -
non-profit, voluntary organisation and home of S.S. Forceful and H.M.A.S. Diamantina.
- River and Rowing
Museum - Henley-on-Thames, UK
- S. S. Canadiana Restoration -
effort to resail a 214', three decked, passenger steamboat.
- S.S. Lane Victory - information about an
operational World War II era victory ship, museum, and memorial.
- San Diego Maritime Museum - home of the Star of
India - the world's oldest active tall ship.
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park -
celebrating the maritime history of the US Pacific Coast. Historic fleet, museum, maritime
library, sea music, boatbuilding classes, and many educational and fun public programs.
- Santa Barbara Maritime Museum - preserves and
presents the maritime history of the Santa Barbara Channel and its National Marine
- South Street Seaport Museum -
contains square-rigged tall ships, schooners and maritime exhibits and galleries. Provides
maritime history, entertainment and education.
- Steamer Columbia - dedicated to the
restortion and return to service of the historic former Bob-Lo steamer Columbia.
- Steamer William G. Mather Museum
- Northeastern Ohio's only floating maritime museum The Mather is a restored 1925 Great
Lakes ore boat. She was retired in 1980 and became a museum in 1990.
- Sydney Heritage Fleet - Sydney's oldest
maritime museum and home of Sydney's own tall ship, the 1874 barque James Craig.
- Texas Seaport Museum - explores
Texas' rich legacy of seaborne commerce and immigration.
- U.S. Merchant Marine Museum
- honoring the merchant seamen of World War II.
- USS Bowfin Submarine Museum & Park -
dive into WWII and the history of USS Bowfin, one of only 15 U.S. WWII submarines still in
- USS Constellation - last surviving ship of
the Civil War.
- USS Constitution Museum - the USS
Consitution is due to set sail for the first time in 116 years. Site includes information
on the voyage, museum, program schedule and more.
- USS Forrestal - America's first super carrier is
now a Naval Heritage Museum.
Lexington Museum on the Bay@
- Vancouver Maritime Museum - the principal maritime
museum on the Pacific Coast of Canada.
- Vasa Museum - the world's only 17th
century warship, on display at Scandinavia's most visited museum.