Return to the Museums Directory Page
- Age of Steam Railroad
Museum - check out pictures of some of their engines, new acquisitions and try your
hand at their online puzzles.
- B&O Railroad Museum - houses 19th and 20th
century rolling stock, unique artifacts and railroadiana.
- B&O Railroad Station Museum
- Burlington-Rock Island Railroad Museum
- features a 1925 Baldwin locomotive and many other railroad-related items. Stop by to get
a glimpse of early life in Central Texas.
- California State Railroad Museum - provides an
introduction to the museum and many of its permanent exhibits.
Historical Train Station
- Colorado Railroad Museum - dedicated to the
preservation of railroad history with displays of standard and narrow gauge trains on the
- Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad
Museum - history of this railroad and information on the museum.
- East Anglian Railway Museum - holds many
events throughout the year.
- Empire State Railway Museum - preserving the history
of the railroads that passed through the Catskills Mountains.
- Fairfax Station Railroad Museum - rebuilt
replica of a railroad station first built in the 1850s which is now a museum of local
railroading and Civil War memorabilia.
- Gold Coast Railroad Museum - home of
Presidential rail car "Ferdinand Magellan"; southernmost steam locomotives in
the US; operating railroad museum.
- Golden Gate Railroad Museum, SF
- dedicated to the preservation and operation of historic railroad equipment.
- Heart of Dixie Railroad -
ride in historic trains with passenger cars built from 1910 - 1950 and pulled by early,
first generation diesel electric locomotives. Also historical railroad museum.
- Jokioinen Museum Railway - narrow gauge
steam railway and museum in Southern Finland.
- Komoka Railway Museum - includes a Kids corner
with sounds, pictures and crossword puzzles, a section for posting little known facts.
- Lake Superior Railroad Museum - photos,
schedules and event listing.
- Michigan Transit Museum
- Mid-Suffolk Light Railway Museum
- Minnesota Transportation Museum - includes
tourist train operations as well as info on the museum.
- Monticello Railway Museum - dedicated to
the restoration, preservation, and operation of vintage railroad equipment.
- National Rail Museum - New Delhi, India
- National Railroad Museum - home of the
Eisenhower and Churchill train sets, indoor/outdoor exhibits, steam, diesel and electric,
- National Railroad Museum and Hall of
Fame, Inc. - recreating the time when railroads were the main source of long distance
travel and passenger train service was at its zenith.
- National Railway Museum
- North Alabama Railroad Museum - a facility
reflecting a love of trains and a desire to preserve railroad history.
- North Carolina Transportation
Museum - located at the Southern Railway Company's largest steam locomotive servicing
- Orange Empire Railway Museum - operating
- Prairie Dog Central Steam Museum Train
- fully restored, steam powered, turn of the century passenger train operating from
Winnipeg to Gross Isle, Manitoba.
- Railroad Museum of New England - offers a ride along
the scenic Naugatuck River and displays railroad equipment.
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania -
collection of 90+ locomotives and rolling stock. Includes information about events,
educational programs, restoration, archives, and volunteer activities.
- Railroad Page - Info on the
Illinois Railway Museum, Drawings and pictures of Santa Fe steam and diesel locomotives
and much more.
- Reading RR Museum - Reading Co. Technical
& Historical Society is dedicated to preserving the history of the Reading Railroad
and related enterprises.
- Riverside and Great Northern Railway -
railway museum operating 15 inch gauge live steam trains.
- San Diego Railroad Museum - dedicated to the
preservation and interpretation of railroads as they existed in the Pacific Southwest;
info on train rides available on actual vintage equipment.
- Seashore Trolley Museum
- Silver Creek and Stephenson
- South Carolina Railroad Museum - ride a
historic granite-hauling shortline into the history of railroading in the Southeast.
- South Florida Railway Museum - preserves the history
of railroads in southern Florida, and educates the public about the importance of
railroads in the region past and present. Also includes an active model railroad group.
- Southeastern Railway Museum - dedicated to
preserving, displaying, and interpreting railroading in the Southeast. Over 75 pieces of
retired railroad equipment are displayed.
- Southern California Scenic Railway Association -
featured are photos of equipment and operations at the museum. Equipment rosters, library
section, and historical railroading information also featured.
- Travel Town Museum, Los Angeles
- catch the railroad spirit!
- Western Railway Museum