Return to the Museums Directory Page
Institute Science Museum
- Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago - the
largest science museum in a single building in the Western Hemisphere.
of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia
- AMSE: American Museum of Science & Energy - a
center for exploration dedicated to preserving history, presenting research, science and
technology, and promoting lifelong learning.
- Arizona Science Center - provides hands-on
exhibits, a planetarium, a large-screen theater, and extensive educational services and
resources for students and teachers.
- Australian Museum - mission is to increase
understanding of, and influence public debate on, the natural environment, human
societies, and human interaction with the environment.
- Bakken Library and Museum - center for
education and learning that furthers the understanding of the history, cultural context,
and applications of electricity and magnetism in the life sciences and medicine.
- Bloomfield Science Museum Jerusalem (Israel) -
general information, virtual exhibitions, and a young scientist section with experiments
and profiles of famous scientists.
- Boeing Everett Tour Center
- where the world's largest commercial aircraft are built in the world's largest building.
- Bok Tower Gardens - located atop Iron Mountain,
one of the highest points in Florida; offers a way to experience plants and wildlife.
Academy of Sciences
- California Science Center - offering hands on
experiences, exhibits, educational workshops and IMAX movies for all ages.
- Cambridge Museum of Technology - on the
banks of the beautiful River Cam in Cambridge, England, this unique working museum stands
as homage to the age of steam.
- Casa de las Ciencias - museo interactivo
dedicado a la divulgación científica y la enseñanza de las ciencias.
- Center of Science & Industry (COSI) - features four
floors of interactive exhibitions.
- Chicago Academy of Sciences Nature Museum - a fun
place where children, families, school groups, and adults can explore nature and science.
- Coyote Point Museum - live animals and
exhibits from the San Francisco Bay Area environment.
- Cyberspace Museum of Natural History and
Exploration Technology - virtual museum which contains exhibits of paleontology and
space. Includes directories of displays currently on exhibit at selected museums around
the United States.
- Detroit Science Center
- Discovery Center of Idaho - Boise's hands-on
- Edgerton Explorit Center - provides hands-on
scientific learning for youth and adults based around the work of Dr. Harold Edgerton.
- Edmonton Space & Science Centre
- Electralis 2001 - eight month long exhibition
depicting the history of electricity, March to October 2001.
- Experimentarium - science centre
concentrating on nature and technology, the environment, and health.
- Exploratory Science Centre - features
hands-on (interactive) exhibits which allow visitors to experiment with science for
- Explorit Science Center - small,
hands-on museum in Davis, California.
- Flandrau Science Center and Planetarium
- Fort Peck Dam Interpretive Center & Museum -
will provide an in-depth explanation of many of the significant events and resources of
the Northeast Montana area.
- Goudreau Museum of Mathematics in Art and Science
- seeks to promote and encourage interest in mathematics for everyone. Offers hands-on
exhibits and workshops for all age groups.
- Great Lakes Science Center - interactive
- Greater Cincinnati Science Education Center - a
proposed non-profit science, math, and education center with hands-on interactive exhibits
and related programs and services.
- Harmon Science Center - hands-on math and
science learning museum.
- Headwaters Science Center -
dedicated to science education with interactive exhibits, live animals and special
programs for all ages.
- Hong Kong Science Museum
- Imaginarium, The - a hands-on science
- Inventure Place - developed by the National
Inventors Hall of Fame, the site has exhibits on inventors and their creations.
- Israel National Museum of Science -
hands-on science, planning and technology museum.
- Istituto e Museo della Storia della
Scienza (Italy) - history of science museum. The collection includes the apparatus and
scientific instruments of the Medici and the Lorenese collection of instrument and
didactic and experimental devices.
- James Madison University Mineral Museum - a
collection of mineral specimens from around the world, including an extensive micro-mount
collection. Site features numerous high-quality photos.
- Kansas City Museum - adventures in science and
- Kew Bridge Steam Museum - a
collection of steam pumping engines, including the largest working single cylinder engine
in the world.
Science and Air Space Museum at Omniplex
- Lab.01 - the DaimlerChrysler project for EXPO 2000.
A laboratory for technology and mobility including minirobots and interactive devices.
Hall of Science
- Magic Lantern Castle Museum - the only
museum in the world dedicated solely to the history of the magic lantern, the earliest
form of slide projector.
- Maloka (Colombia) - an interactive science and
technology theme park. In Spanish and English.
- Maryland Science Center - features exhibits,
demostrations, the Davis Planetarium, and an IMAX theater.
- Miami Museum of Science - participate in science
on-line and visit the latest exhibits.
- Millennium Point - the museum of
the 21st Century exploring the wonders of science, technology and the region's unique
- Montshire Museum of Science
- Musee des Arts et Metiers
- Museo de Ciencias de Caracas (Venezuela)
- Museo de La Ciencia y El Cosmos de Tenerife
(Spain) - centro interactivo de la ciencia.
- Museum of Discovery and Science - features
educational exhibits, programs, and IMAX films.
- Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester (England)
- home of the replica 'Baby' computer.
of Science, Boston
- Museum of Texas Tech University
- Museum of the History of Science, University of
Oxford (England) - includes a collection of historic scientific instruments.
- Museum of Unnatural Mystery -
cyberspace museum of bizarre science for the whole family.
- Nantucket Maria Mitchell Association - science center
on Nantucket Island named for America's first woman astronomer. Field trips, lectures,
museums, library, aquarium and more.
- National Museum of Science & Industry (England)
- comprised of The Science Museum, London; The National Railway Museum, York; and The
National Museum of Photography, Film & Television, Bradford.
- National Museum of Science and Technology
- National Plastics Center & Museum -
dedicated to preserving the past, addressing the present and promoting the future of
- National Science Center's Fort Discovery -
the NSC-Army's mission is to support improved math and science education and technological
literacy through interactive exhibits and educational programs.
- New Mexico Museum of Natural
History and Science
York Hall of Science
- newMetropolis (Netherlands) - national science and
- Nikola Tesla Museum (Federal Republic of
- Odyssey Science Center - offers hands-on
science activities for families, students & teachers. Located in Tallahassee, FL.
Science Centre (Canada)
Museum of Science and Industry
- Orlando Science Center - build a bridge, fire a laser
and touch an alligator, all in one day.
- Pacific Science Center - featuring hands-on
exhibits, a laser fantasy theater, an IMAX theater, and community science education
- Physics Museum - University of
Queensland (Australia) - collection includes instruments, books, and memorabilia.
- Pitlochry Hydro-Electric Visitors Centre and
Fish Ladder (Scotland) - an exhibit of the generation and distribution of
hydro-electric power throughout the north of Scotland. Also features a 'fish ladder' to
aid salmon over the dam in their struggle upstream.
- Reuben H. Fleet Space Theater and Science Center
- Satrosphere (Scotland) - permanent hands-on
Center of Iowa
- Science Center of Northern Virginia -
mission, facilities, and future exhibits of this proposed center.
- Science Centre & Manawatu
Museum (New Zealand) - explore science and the people and places of the Manawatu.
- Science Discovery Center of Oneonta -
small hands-on science museum.
- Science Museum of Long Island
- offers opportunities for a variety of hands-on outdoor programs.
Museum of Minnesota
- Science Museum of Virginia - planetarium,
interactive exhibits, astronomy, aerospace, chemistry, physics, Omnimax, trains, pendulum,
crystals, illusions, electricity, aviation and more.
- Science North (Canada) - attractions include
Science Centre, Big Nickel Mine, IMAX theatre, Virtual Voyages, and Cortina Cruise.
- Science World (Canada) - features
interactive exhibits and an Omnimax Theatre.
- SciTech - hands-on science and technology
center. Educational programs and science resources.
- Scitech Discovery Centre (Australia)
- SciWorks: Science Center and Environmental
Park of Forsyth County - information on upcoming events and the facility.
Science Centre (Singapore)
- South Florida Science Museum and Buzz Aldrin Planetarium
- St. Louis Science Center - serves as a bridge between
scientist and layperson, encouraging an understanding of ecology and the environment,
humanity, technology, and the space sciences, and how each interrelates.
Museum of Innovation
- Telkom Exploratorium (South Africa) - a
place where technology and fun meet and the science of telecommunications becomes real.
- Teylers Museum (Netherlands) - the nation's
oldest public museum, with diverse collections of art and scientific objects.
- Thames Science Center - includes details
about exhibits, programs, staff, membership and more.
- University of Alaska Museum - one
of the top attractions in the state, the museum presents exhibits describing Alaska's
natural and cultural history.
of Nebraska State Museum
- Utah State University Discovery Center -
provides hands-on experiences in science and engineering for residents of Cache Valley,
- Vernadsky Geological Museum - State geological museum
of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts
- Yokohama Science Center