Return to the Museums Directory Page
- African American Mosaic -
a Library of Congress Resource guide for the study of black history and culture. A
resource guide to the institution's African American collections.
- American Advertising Museum - dedicated to the
preservation and interpretation of advertising in America and beyond.
- American Police Hall Of Fame & Museum - memorial
listing officers killed on duty. Exhibits, crime prevention, child safety, scholarship and
police family survivor programs.
- Archaeological Resources in Sardinia -
including the National Archaeological Museum of Cagliari.
- Arkansas Museum of Discovery - explore science and
technology, history, health, nature, world cultures and more.
- Bad Fads - the fads you wished would stay forever
(or never come back).
- Bahrain National Museum - offers exhibits
exploring the art, history, culture, and natural history of the island. Other resources
include archaeological site information and cultural programs.
- Berkeley Systems Toaster Exhibit
- dedicated to showcasing the aesthetics and functionality of a single kitchen appliance.
Features the Gelman Collection.
- British Lawnmower Museum -
unique collection of over 100 restored vintage lawnmowers spanning 120 years.
- British Museum - site offers exhibit and
collection highlights and background information on the museum.
- Cadbury World
Museum of Civilization
- Collection from the Ainu and the Amur Area -
artifacts and photos from Barathosi Balogh Benedek's 1908 and 1914 expedition (in English
- Cowper and Newton Museum -
occupies Orchard House in Olney, where William Cowper (1731-1800) wrote most of his
- Danish Immigrant Museum
- dedicated to the education and fostering the traditions and customs of the Danish
- Danish Telephone Museum - Danish telephones
through time. The history of the telephone.
- Dazhdbog's Grandsons - The
server contains different materials relevant to Russia. It basically contains cultural,
historical things, and I desire to keep this spirit in a future. You will find images,
music, poetry here.
- De MuseumServer - Dutch museums on the Internet
- includes an interface to WWW-museums worldwide, virtual exhibitions, branch
organizations and other museum-related services.
- Edvard Grieg Museum - home
of the Norwegian composer, located in Bergen on the west coast of Norway.
- Egyptian Museum in Cairo
- Ethnographic Museum of Trentino - folklife and
folk crafts; alpine anthropology seminar; education unit, books, videos, and itineraries;
(in Italian and English).
- EXPO WWW Exhibit Organization - Includes
vatican, soviet archive, 1492, and dead sea scrolls
- Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium
- collections total over 160,000 accessioned objects, from natural history and ethnography
to local and regional history.
- Fukuyama Auto & Clock Museum
(Japan) - mainly exhibits classic cars and clocks. Other exhibits include wax figures,
cameras, and music boxes.
- Geffrye Museum - English domestic
interiors, with exhibits dating back over 500 years, displayed in old almshouses in
Shoreditch, East London.
- Hanford Mills Museum - one of the area's
oldest historic operational sawmill, gristmill and woodworking shops.
- Heritage Map Museum - A full array of services are
available for the collector, educator and traveller.
- High Desert Museum
- International Mothers' Hall Fame - registry and
tribute to honor mothers in a way words never could. Memorial Garden planned to open on
Mother's Day 1999, between Many and Leesville, Louisiana.
- International Museum of Cultures - increases
interest and empathy for the preliterate peoples of the world.
- Jyväskylä University Museum -
documents, investigates and transmits information related both to the history of the
university of Jyväskylä and to the vegetation and creatures of the Finnish nature.
- Kentucky Museum, The
- Laurel and Hardy
- Library of Congress Exhibits
- MacLachlin Woodworking Museum
- Milton's Cottage
- Moscow Kremlin Museum - site offers the
history, covers the museums of the Moscow Kremlin, the excursion service, gift-shops and
- Mount Vernon - Historic home and gardens of
first United States president, George Washington. Travel guide, events and pictures of the
colonial Virginia attraction.
- MSU Vincent Voice Library Exhibit
- Museum of Egyptian Antiquities
- Museum of Popular
Instruments - collection of Greek popular musical instruments dating from the 18th
century to the present day.
- Museum of Questionable Medical Devices -
devious displays of quackery, fraud, deceit and deception.
- Museum of Scotland
- Museum of Texas Tech University
- Museum of the City of Belgrade
- Museum of the Confederacy - Richmond, VA - a private,
nonprofit institution that maintains the world's largest and most comprehensive collection
of military, political and domestic artifacts and art associated with the period of the
- Museum of Timepieces and Mechanical
Music (MUMM) - includes pictures from the collection of historic timepieces and
- Museum of Victoria - natural science, human
studies, science and technology, and the National Wool Museum.
- Museums Week - news and information about
the 800 participating museums and galleries throughout the United Kingdom.
- National Civil Rights Museum (NCRM) - a
collection of Civil Rights artifacts including Dr. Martin Luther King's speeches and
replicas of civil rights monuments.
- National Museum of Australia
- National Museum of Photography, Film and
Television - collection, conservation, biblioraphies, contact addresses and history of
- National Museum of Slovenia/Narodni Muzej -
departments of archaeology, history and applied arts, drawings and graphics, numismatic
cabinet and a library.
- National Museum of the American Indian
- National Signs of the Times Museum - virtual
exhibition designed to inform and educate about the history of the sign industry and its
contribution to commerce and the American landscape.
- Newseum, The - takes visitors behind the scenes to
see the past, present and future of news.
- Peabody Essex Museum - collections of art and history
- Peace Museum, The - presents exhibits designed
motivate individuals to achieve creative solutions to the problem of violence.
- Petaluma Wildlife and Natural Science Museum
- student-run non-profit museum with a saltwater tidepool along with taxidermied and live
- Powerhouse Museum - exhibitions covering science,
technology, decorative arts, design and Australian social history.
- Prehispanic Cultures Museum
- Prickwillow Drainage
- Queensland Museum - a virtual visit to
Queensland's museum of natural environment and cultural heritage.
- Roman Open-Air Museum in
- Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum -
houses several Egyptian-style buildings in a park-like setting featuring exotic plants and
the largest collection of Egyptian artifacts in the western US.
- Shrine to Music Museum - Center for Study of the
History of Musical Instruments. The collections include more than 6,000 American,
European, and ethnographic musical instruments.
- South Carolina State Museum - experience
the Palmetto State from the mountains to the sea.
- Sulabh International Museum of Toilets
- collection of facts, pictures, and objects detailing the historic evolution of toilets
from 2,500 BC to date.
- Timex Watch and Clock Museum
- U.S. Border Patrol Museum - explore the
history and operations of the agency.
- Valentine, The - Richmond,
VA - offering major changing exhibitions which focus on American urban and social
history, costumes, decorative arts and architecture.
- Virtual Russia
- Whitby Museum - Edwardian / Victorian
museum which is over 175 years old and contains over 20 collections.
- Usenet - bit.listserv.museum-l